I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Borat

Release Date: November 3, 2006
Larry Charles (dir.)
Sacha Baron Cohen
Trailer

This movie looks funny as fuck. It's the Ali G guy, playing his Kazakstani reporter character on a trip to America. The trailer is totally good though, with all this fucked up shit in Kazakstan. Maybe it's not crucial to see this in the cinema, but the audience reaction would probably add something to the film. In any case, I hope to see it.

No comments: