I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

8 Films To Die For

In Theatres: November 17th, 18th & 19th, 2006
Trailer

A one weekend horrorfest FULL of really good looking stuff. Stuff that is a mixture of good, bad, gore and sex the likes of which haven't been seen since the golden era of the mid-70's. Looks like it's gonna be on a lot of screens too. No word on ticket prices, but check back here: http://horrorfestonline.com/theaters.html

The trailer looks good. Typical horror-y stuff, but who am I to complain?

Anticipated rating: 10/10 for the whole event
Actual rating: 4/10 Execution of the 'film festival' was a joke. I went to see The Hamiltons, but there was no way of knowing what movie one was showing up for, as the listings in the paper were simply "Horror-Fest." After the movie ended, there was a gap of at least 90 minutes before the next film started, and after that one, the same movie was playing a second time. There must have been at least one movie theatre in the country that got it right, but unfortunately, I wasn't at that one. Oh, and The Hamiltons kinda sucked.

No comments: