I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Stardust

Release Date: August 10th, 2007
Matthew Vaughn (dir.)
Claire Danes
Charlie Cox
Sienna Miller
Ricky Gervais
Trailer

Fantasy/Adventure movies have been experiencing a renaissance of sorts, with the Tolkien films, Mirror Mask, Pan's Labyrinth and Narnia being superb examples of how things should be done the right way. This movie looks like it will fall into that category as well. The special effects don't appear to compete with the story, and the movie has a really great look to it overall. Plus, there's this part of me that really wants to see Claire Danes do something that doesn't pale in comparison to her debut on My So Called Life more than a decade ago.

Anticipated Rating: 9/10 (I'd give it a 10, but that's always a setup for disappointment)

No comments: