I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Next

Release Date: April 27th, 2007
Lee Tamahori (dir.)
Nicolas Cage
Julianne Moore
Jessica Biel
Trailer

I'm only reviewing this because my girlfriend really likes Nicolas Cage. It looks ok. It looks fine. I'm sure it would be a fun movie to go see, but the trailer doesn't do anything for me. Explosions and car chases combined with distracting CGI. I dunno, it just leaves me yawning and dreading the next wave of summer blockbusters. I'd probably want to see it in the theatre, as opposed to at home, just for the big screen and sound system.

Anticipated Rating: 6/10

No comments: