I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Friday, July 28, 2006

America: Freedom to Fascism

Release Date: July 28, 2006
Aaron Russo (dir.)
Trailer

Hmm, with all the leftist movies coming out, it's hard to pick one to watch, so I pretty much watch them all. Unless of course some hypocrite yuppy recommends it to me. This film sets out to look at the destruction of liberty since the introduction of the IRS in 1913. Maybe their research is good, and maybe it's not, but I think it's probably a worthwhile thing to go see and make up my own mind about. Let's face it, there's a lot of fucked up shit going on that we passively accept because we all have comfortable lives and lots of toys.

No comments: