I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Road to Guantanamo

Release Date: June 23, 2006
Michael Winterbottom and Mat Whitecross (dir.)
Trailer

I've been waiting for a movie like this. Camp X-Ray is a pretty fucked up exercise in the abuse of power and the suspension of human rights. I don't know why nobody seems to care, but perhaps this movie will make things a bit more clear to people. It's a documentary about some dudes who were in the wrong place at the wrong time and wound up prisoners of war. I hope the History Channel picks this up once it finishes its theatrical run.

No comments: