I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Descent

Release Date: August 4, 2006
Neil Marshall (dir.)
Shauna Macdonald
Natalie Jackson Mendoza
Alex Reid
Saskia Mulder
MyAnna Buring
Trailer

Horror movies are one of my favorite things, but also one of the most consistently dissapointing genres out there. This one looks like it's got what I want: creepyness, scariness, quick cuts, and darkness. I love that the creatures are pretty hard to get a good look at, leaving a lot of their design to the imagination. I like the night-vision shots a-la Blair Witch. I find caves to be fascinating anyway, so I'll probably dig the locations too. This would be good in a theatre.

No comments: