I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Perfume

In Theatres: December 27th, 2006
Tom Tykwer (dir.)
Ben Whishaw
Francesc Albiol
Gonzalo Cunill
Roger Salvany
Andres Herrera
Trailer

This trailer blew me away. The creepy baby at the beginning, the wonderful period sets and costumes and the absurd premise. Imagine a compelling, creepy movie about perfume in old France. Really, it's a story about murder and whatnot, but it seems to be novel and I've high hopes for the finished product. I'd probably even go see it at the theatre.

Anticipated rating: 8/10

No comments: