I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Monday, December 25, 2006

The Breach

In Theatres: February 16th, 2007
Chris Cooper
Laura Linney
Ryan Phillippe
Trailer

I probably learned all about this case in my US Intelligence class in college. The class I got a C in. Yeah, so I really don't know what true events this film is based on. Maybe Aldrich Ames? Get back to me on it, please. The trailer looks halfway descent, but the cast seems to be made up entirely of supporting actors. I suppose that isn't a bad thing, but it will put the burden of success on the shoulders of the script. I kind of like all the spy stuff that's coming out now. I hope subsequent films will eventually focus more on tales of historic CIA misdeeds.

Anticipated rating: 6/10

No comments: