I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

In Theatres: June 15th, 2007
Tim Story (dir.)
Ioan Gruffudd
Jessica Alba
Chris Evans
Trailer

Hmm, looks like somebody's decided to get a little more mileage out of the Terminator 2 metal-guy special effect. This teaser has a lot of promise. There's no plot elements to speak off, just two guys chasing each other through the airspace of NYC. It'll probably be a pretty fun summer movie, but I don't think it'll be anything revolutionary. It might actually suffer from overdone special effects, but I won't really be able to tell until I see the release trailer in a few months.

Anticipated rating : 6/10

No comments: