I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Bridge To Terabithia

In Theatres: February 16th, 2007
Gabor Csupo (dir.)
Josh Hutcherson
Annasophia Robb
Robert Patrick
Zooey Deschanel
Trailer

I don't normally review a lot of kids movies. I'm too prejudiced against the CGI stuff that comes out and against Disney in general. I feel like their stuff is too slick, too watered down, too easy and too one dimensional. But, this movie looks good. Children's fantasy/adventure films are something I like, and this one looks pretty decent. Lots of special effects, but it doesn't look like a digital wankfest for the animators. It seems to be as surreal as it needs to be without getting in the way.

Anticipated rating: 9/10

No comments: