I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

28 Weeks Later

Release Date: May 11, 2007
dir. Juan Carlos Fresnadillo
Trailer

Adding to the list of movie sequels that should never have been made, 28 Weeks later is an offensive disappointment to me. There aren't any connections to the first film at all. Different cast, director and writer spells disaster. The budget looks bigger and the story looks crappier. I'll pass. I'd rather see it in the theatre than at home, if I HAD to watch it.

Anticipated Rating: 3/10

No comments: