I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Paprika

Release Date:May 25th, 2007
Satoshi Kon (dir.)
Trailer

This may be the first Anime film not by Studio Ghibli that looks like it could be a classic. It looks like it's got a lot of imaginative animation and the story looks pretty good. It's usually pretty hard to catch these films when they come out, because they don't get any marketing and the general audience doesn't quite know what to do with them because they're too complex for little kids and the fact that it's animated turns off adults. I'll to my best to see this on the big screen.

Anticipated Rating: 7/10

No comments: