I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Smokin' Aces

In Theatres: January 26th, 2007
Joe Carnahan (dir.)
Ben Affleck
Andy Garcia
Alicia Keys
Ray Liotta
Jeremy Piven
Trailer

Well, the cast sort of turned me off from the get-go. Ben Affleck and Jeremy Piven, specifically. That said, the movie looks really entertaining. The premise seems good enough: A million dollar hit goes out on a witness, and a Cannonball Run style menagerie of professionals and misfits try to take him down for th jackpot.

Anticipated rating: 8/10

No comments: