I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Day Watch

Release Date: June 1st, 2007
Timur Bekmambetov (dir.)
Trailer

Due to lies handed me by the Fox Searchlight PR guy, I never saw Night Watch. He promised to send me free tickets when he couldn't get us into the sneak preview that we'd RSVP'd for. I missed my chance to see the film while I waited for those tickets to show up.

The sequel to that film, Day Watch (see the pattern?), looks just as amazing as the first. I definitely won't miss this one in the theatre, and I'm going to make a point of renting Night Watch on DVD before then. As absurd as the effects are and as crazy and disjointed as the film probably is, I think that it will all come together in an entertaining and visually stunning way.

Anticipated Rating: 10/10

No comments: