I like watching movie trailers and then reviewing the movie based on the information gleaned from them. I work at the Telluride Film Festival, and I get to see quite a few movies well before their domestic release dates, so I have a little insight into those movies as well. Because the TFF program isn't released until the day of the festival, I like to try and guess what might show up here.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Eagle vs Shark

Release Date: June 1, 2007
Taika Waititi (dir.)
Loren Horsley
Jemaine Clement
Trailer

This movie looks hilarious. I'm distinctly reminded of Napoleon Dynamite, but the film doesn't really seem to bite ND's style at all. It just fits into that type of film and compliments it very well. Instincts told me to pass this up based on the poster and the synopsis, but the trailer blew all that away. I can't wait to see this. It'll be one of the rare ones that I see in the theatre AND get on DVD.

Anticipated Rating: 10/10

No comments: